Maytag Neptune Repair Manual

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching the Maytag Neptune Repair Manual below.

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats for sure AJ.:)

Hopefully lots of people can benefit by it.:)

Jake

Robinh

Premium Member
Ugh...Jake, back again, this time, clothes washer... so far you've helped me with fridge twice, stove/oven, dishwasher twice, now we're on to the clothes washer. Guess soon the dryer, that only leaves the garage door opener...lol....

Robinh

Premium Member
Does this manual apply for the following washer?

MAH55000BWW
The manual states that it covers only the MAH3000, but knowing how darned efficient and excellent Jake is, I'm sure he'll have a better answer for you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, they added a supplement to the original service manual, it starts at page 106 in your pdf reader.

Jake

Robinh

Premium Member
Yes, they added a supplement to the original service manual, it starts at page 106 in your pdf reader.

Jake
See! I told you! LMBO...

thorning

Premium Member
I am trying to find the proper service manual for my MAH8700AWW Maytag Neptune front loader with no success. All of the manuals I look at are for the older model Neptune such as the 3000,4000,5000. or 6000 series. Can anyone help with a link that actually works ? Most of them say "page not found" or nothing.
HELP-I need to tear this machine apart and I would like to do it properly .
Tom H

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tom H,

This model Maytag was made by Samsung. I haven't worked on any of these as of yet.

I couldn't locate the service manual, But I can link you to the tech. data sheet: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/16026736.pdf

Jake

thorning

Premium Member
Thanks. I was able to finally find a source of the manual and have dismantled the washer in question.The problem turned out to be a broken spider assembly. It is made of Aluminum and it broke of the 3 legs and the 3rd one was cracked. Not a good choice of material IMO.

Last edited:

Tbgray

Premium Member
I'm not able to download the attached manual and actually looking for one for MAH6700AWW. The download is just sitting at 0% :/

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You bet!

Jake

TheGib

Premium Member
I have a stacked Maytag Neptune model MHW2000AWW, about 16 years old now, and it bangs severely when in the full spin cycle. I have replaced the control panel with the kit offered by Maytag a few years and it fixed all my problems at the time. I'm thinking maybe the shocks, bearings, or rollers are going bad. Any help would be appreciated.
Another question about service manuals, the one posted at the beginning of this blog states it is for the MHW3000 model. Will this work for the MHW2000 or is there one available?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the service manual for your model: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/MaytagNeptuneStack.pdf

I remember having a similar issue, and replacing the struts fixed it.

The shocks should be stout with heavy compression so it is difficult to compress. You can see if the top of the tub will easily press down onto the shocks.

The service manual will tell you how to access the shocks to check them.

Here is a new shock strut kit for your model in case you need to order it:
Shock Absorber 22001988 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake