• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Neptune Washer FAV6800AWW S/N 17... stuck in the wash cycle and would not go into the spin cycle

ripatx

Premium Member
Model Number
FAV6800AWW
Brand
Maytag
My machine was stuck in the wash cycle and would not go into the spin cycle. I shut the machine off and tried turning the drum CCW and it would not turn at all. So I got out a 1x4 several feet long and forced it loose. Now I can turn it CCW easily and it will coast to a stop. I ran a cycle and it runs perfectly all the way through but I'm afraid this was a temporary fix.

I pulled the bottom pulley assembly off to check the one-way bearing. It was working properly. Do I need to replace the outer tub bearing? This is a later model machine that does not have the second one-way clutch for the drum on top of the bottom pulley. Is there a good writeup on this, preferably even a video?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Sorry, I have not worked on this model, so I'm not able to assist you on this machine.

Dick, aka @dh1200s, knows all about these machines and has posted thoroughly about these models many years ago:

Jake

ripatx

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I am familiar with that post from Dick. I have troubleshot to the point that I know it is the outer tub bearing and am looking for a detailed post or video on replacement of that bearing. The manual gives information on it but not as good as I am looking for.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.