• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH4000AWW Won't Go into SPIN Cycle.

DrewTheDryerGUy

Premium Member
Model Number
MAH4000AWW
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Neptune Washer. It will go through all cycles, but will not go into spin cycle of the washer cycles. It will however drain the water. Washer will agitate but once it gets to spin cycle it will not go to high speed. Leaving clothes soaking wet inside of machine. Thanks for looking and thanks for your help. I'm an amateur repair guy looking to become a professional. Thank you for your time, and thanks for looking

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, Here's the service manual: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/MaytagNeptunenew.pdf

Check the machine control board for any burnt spots on it, Its located inside the control console. Look on the machine control board for burned resistors. If there's burned resistors, then usually that indicates the door wax motor caused it, and you will need to replace that at the same time you replace the machine control board.

Here's the machine control board for your model:
Main Control Board WP22002989

Here's the door lock wax motor for your model:
WP22002119 Motor-Wax

Jake

DrewTheDryerGUy

Premium Member
I checked the control board. NO indications of any burns. Is there a way to test whether or not my wax motor is good?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look at the service manual I posted the link to above, on PAGE 22 it tells you, read where it says: Wax Motor Check - Door Lock Mechanism

Jake