Maytag Performa PAV1000AWW no spin

martyshel

Premium Member
This is about a '97 model that just quit spinning a few days ago. When it gets to the spin cycle it does nothing.... I can hear a buzzing noise from the motor, but nothing turns. And there is a rubber-like smell that developed at the same time the spin quit. I tipped it over yesterday and tried to turn the belt by hand with no luck. Any ideas? I know it's probably time for a new set, but if there's a cheap/simple fix I wouldn't mind getting another couple of years out of it.

Thanks,
Marty

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I would take the belt off the pulleys then turn each pulley to see which one isn't turning freely. Its either your water pump, motor itself or transmission.

Jake

martyshel

Premium Member
10-4... it's the motor. Won't spin even with the belt off.... the other pulleys turn fine. When I hit the spin cycle the motor just buzzes and clicks off for a few seconds then starts buzzing again. And there is a burnt electrical smell.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yup, the motor is the problem then.

Jake

martyshel

Premium Member
FYI..... I got the motor in last Friday and swapped them out. Worked like a charm. Spins so good that we don't even have to use the dryer anymore (just kidding). Thanks for the advice guys!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing it with the new motor.:)

Jake