• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Performa won't spin...again!

ja0173

Premium Member
Hello all! I'm back. Sorry I never came back to my old thread, but I decided to take the washer in and have it repaired. They told me the water pump was leaking and they replaced it and it's worked great since...until today!

The little plastic tube that connects the water level switch to the tub came off 2 times in 3 days and caused the washer to flood! I've gotten that fixed but now it won't spin again:eek:

Is there any place that water may have gotten that could cause the washer not to spin???

ja0173

Premium Member
I guess I should have added some info about the washer:

Maytag PAV3300AWW Rev 12

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

So it won't spin or drain at all, or just drain and not spin? Does make any sound when it should be spinning?

Jake

ja0173

Premium Member
Hey Jake,

It will pump the water out and it "sounds" like it is spinning but the tub is not moving. It sounds normal but the tub does not move. The motor is turning. It washes fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, tilt your washer back and take the belt off, then turn your transmission pulley both ways, one way will make it agitate, the other way should make the tub turn, if the tub doesn't turn then the thrust bearing is bad.

Thrust Bearing Kit(Comes with complete installation instructions)
Part#12002213

When I worked for Montgomery Wards, I must of replaced at least 1 one these every week on their washers which were made by Admiral(Division of Maytag)

Jake<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

ja0173

Premium Member
Ok, Jake I'll do that. Sorry it took a while to get back to ya but we've been withough power for about 21 hrs due to bad storms. I tried the washer again today and it actually spun properly. It made like a "thump" when I shut the lid on the spin cycle but it did spin. I've got a half a notion to go ahead and replace the thurst bearing as that is the same thing you suggested before.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes, then its possibly the thrust bearing then.

Jake