Maytag Quiet Series 300

nursecarol1961

Premium Member
This is a general question:

Is this brand/model of dishwasher a lemon? I have had, no kidding, over 10 service calls on it in 3 years. It has had 2 new motors, impellors, door handle, main control computer replaced....on and on....Maytag service guy that comes out knows my whole family and everything, lol.

yes, I contacted Maytag and they were just obnoxious and rude, even said a few bad words when I called as a service person and mentioned my problems.

My first dishwasher, too.....never again!

Enlighten me if you will!

Carol

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
In my shop I honestly don't see any more problems with this model than I do others. I am surprised how Maytag treated you.

Rick

nursecarol1961

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply Rick!

I was wondering if I just happen to get a lemon out of the bunch.....guess I did!

Hope your Christmas was nice.

carol

roadhound_37

This is a general question:

Is this brand/model of dishwasher a lemon? I have had, no kidding, over 10 service calls on it in 3 years. It has had 2 new motors, impellors, door handle, main control computer replaced....on and on....Maytag service guy that comes out knows my whole family and everything, lol.

yes, I contacted Maytag and they were just obnoxious and rude, even said a few bad words when I called as a service person and mentioned my problems.

My first dishwasher, too.....never again!

Enlighten me if you will!

Carol
My brother has had one for about 2 years. He has also had it break 3 times. We bought one 14 months ago. Initially we bought a whirlpool, but our counters were to short and were stuck with this model or had to remodel. The top movable rack broke in the first 3 months. Now we have a pump or motor issue. I am NOT happy about this as our last dishwasher went 15 years w/o a problem. I will never buy Maytag again!

nursecarol1961

Premium Member
This dishwasher is such a lemon and maytag refused to stand behind it. We had the service guy out over a dozen times, but because it wasn't written up as the same EXACT item, even though it was the same problem, they would not even listen. In fact, they were so rude. I have been doing dished by hand for quite sometime and am now looking to get a new one. I walk right by anything connected with Maytag because of their poor customer service and horrible product they won't stand behind!