• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag refrigerator defrost problem

Helpmefixit

Premium Member
Model Number
MTB2156DEW
Brand
Maytag
Yesterday service came and replaced my defrost thermostat 61005254 due to frost build up and warm refrigerator temps. It seems to have worked but I would like an opinion on the fridge performance. I will be calling them also. Service was at 11 am yesterday. An hour. All day long the temp in the fridge stayed at about 42-44. I left it overnight. All that is in the fridge is water bottles and soda. It runs constantly. This morning I checked the temps. It was running as I did so. The freezer is at 2 degrees F, and the fridge at 36 degrees F. Why would it still be running at those temps? Running every time I check on it. Yesterday I tried raising the freezer temp control but it still ran and ran. I am just confused. Before all this started happening I do not remember it running so much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need to have more items inside your freezer and refrigerator section to hold the coldness in so it doesn't run as much.

But it sounds like its working fine now.

Jake

Helpmefixit

Premium Member
Fixed

After sitting overnight it seems to have settled down. Now it has food in it. It is not constantly running so I think I am fixed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Fantastic, your back in business.:)

Jake