• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Refrigerator MFI2067AES no water no ice dispensing

RobertRobert

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2067AES
Brand
Maytag
Hi everyone
We have a Maytag double door upper with freezer lower drawer. Recently the ice and water dispenser stopped working and the fridge got warm Ice was melting, Called repair man. Guy found a leaking freon line across the water pan on the bottom. He cut the piece out resoldered new section, recharged and fridge cools fine. Everything is back to working as far as cooling and making ice except for the dispensing issue.

so....the ice and water dispenser do not work. When i press the dispensing paddle there is no ice or water being dispensed. I downloaded the service manual and went through the diagnostic sequence. When I use the display/keypad to go to the individual section to test the individual functions the water dispenses, the ice dispenser and the motor/paddle moves to allow ice to drop down. So I’m getting ice, water and the flapper to open as long as I’m in the test mode. Once I go out of test mode those functions don’t work.

could the filter be clogged up? is it the board? but that doesn’t make sense if it works in test mode. Is the board available used or does anyone have a board? Can it be fixed?

thank you for any help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My bad, I misunderstood the question.

Check the actuator switch in your dispenser module first and see if it ohms good when the actuator switch button is pressed in, see if your getting 12 volts DC to the actuator switch.

Unfortunately you can't get the actuator switch separately, you have to get the chute extension assembly:
WPW10131128 Chute, Extension

Jake

RobertRobert

Premium Member
just wanna say thanks for all you help

If you’re instructing me to check the micro switch I checked it. it has continuity when I move the paddle. when I go to test mode and I use the paddle to activate the water or ice I get water and ice dispensing. I can actually get those micro switches. I probably have 20 in my tool box. I even have the Form C type with C NO N.C. male leads. Anyway the switch does work. That was my thinking but it works on the meter and when I use the paddle in test mode.

I got to test mode
Service test 163 Water dispense and I put a glass in and hold the paddle water comes out. So the switch is sending a signal
When I go to 164 (I think) which is the ice dispenser I can hear the ice paddle moving the ice.
When I go to 18 something . I can get the flapper to move when i press the paddle.

.......and that’s where I’m stumped. Everything works when in test mode as far as dispensing the water/ice or door flapper. I Ben thought the motor was bad but it works. But the dispenser doesn’t work out of the test mode section. I'm a electrician and I work on a lot of smart systems like fire alarms and smart building operations so I can work my way around a meter. all the functions work each free of each other.

Which board controls the sequence of operation for the water or ice dispenser. Is it the main board behind the fridge or the smaller board that’s behind the touch pad that has the temp display?
ill probably call the appliance guy back out.to look at it. He was very honest and did t try to sell me things I didn’t need.
thank you

i see there are repair shops for these boards. I wonder if the fridge will work without that board or should I buy a new board and send this one in for repair and keep as spare

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Which board controls the sequence of operation for the water or ice dispenser.
The dispenser board, which is no longer available.

Check to make sure you have proper voltage to the dispenser board, if so, then your dispenser board is possibly bad.

Jake

RobertRobert

Premium Member
Ok I’ll check that next. I saw that it can be sent out for repai. I’ll try that. called the repair guy said he will look and see if he has any good ones
thank you

RobertRobert

Premium Member
Hi Jake

Ok. Got the new board. Powered down unit Took off the old board installed new board. The temp was not right and the temp warning came on. Set to max cool so there probably was was something wrong with the board. Everything is frozen now and the temp settings seem to work better as everything is colder. When I powered up the unit the dispenser lid motor did a pop upon start up but that is a normal sound that I heard before.
But unfortunately however I have no water or ice dispensing. Does this board need to be programmed? I didn’t see any dip or rotary switch setting. Do I need to go into the programming and turn something on or enter a code? The unit came with a new button membrane and circuit board and the main board that snaps to the back of the dispenser faceplate. It’s all been changed.
Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wait What? I thought you were sending the dispenser board in for repair?

What board did you order or sent out to repair? The dispenser board?

Jake

RobertRobert

Premium Member
I found a new dispenser board for sale. package came with the dispenser board, the black front face with buttons and the peel and stick membrane and ribbon cable that plugs in the dispenser board. . powered down fridge R&R the board and membrane. The cost to fix the old one was $20 less than buying the new board. That’s why I went with the new board.
So I powered up. Everything came up working. The warm fridge warning came up and I set everything to max cool. Fridge and freezer work fine. the Water/ice dispenser however won’t dispense. I pulled the micro switch off and tested. Tested fine. I have extra micro switches in case it was bad but it isn’t bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd, then it has to be the main control board I posted in post #2 above.

I located another person with this same problem, Look here:

Jake