• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Refrigerator MFI2269FRB03 No water no ice, two beeps from touch panel

Johnic

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269FRB03
Brand
Maytag
Unit was purchased in October 2020. Maytag has no technicians in the area. The customer has hired me to diagnose a lack of water and ice issue. When you use the user interface to call for water or ice it beeps twice. There is no ice being made and no water dispensed. I have no voltage going to the water or ice valves. After observing the wiring for the water valve, I measured 43 volts coming from a white with blue wire off of the board. I did not have a schematic at the time but I used logic.
I sus a control board but am I missing something? Do I need to go back and do more diagnostics? All this happened after the customer changed the water filter. I will get more info on the water filter tomorrow.I want to measure twice and hammer once. Thanks in advance.
Johnny C

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All this happened after the customer changed the water filter.
Did the customer use a new OEM water filter? Put the old water filter back in and see if everything goes back to normal.

I had a service call yesterday in Parker, Arizona where the customer used a aftermarket water filter and it broke the filter housing, I replaced the filter housing and it works perfect now with his NEW OEM water filter he got after I told him to not use aftermarket water filters.:)

If the old filter does not make it work again, use the bypass cap. When the customer bought the refrigerator it should of come with a blue filter bypass cap, Put that bypass cap in and see if it works normal again.

Here's the filter cap bypass for this model:

Here's the OEM water filter for this model:
Water Filter EDR4RXD1

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet for this model in case you need it.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-w10814258-revc.pdf
    263.8 KB · Views: 34

Johnic

Premium Member
Thank you for the tech data sheet, it is very much appreciated. The customer states that he replaced the filter and cycled the water through until it came out clean. Two weeks later he tried to get ice and there was nothing. He does not have the bypass And has not considered buying another filter, but I have recommended it.

I will keep you posted for any progress. Thank you in advance, Johnny C

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny, yes keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

On the MAIN CONTROL BOARD--->Measure volts between J1-8(WHITE WIRE) and J2-7(YELLOW/WHITE WIRE) while someone is pushing the water dispenser lever and the doors are closed, you should get 120 volts if not, the MAIN CONTROL BOARD is bad.

Here's the MAIN CONTROL BOARD for this model:
WPW10312695 Electronic Control Board

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet below.

Jake

Attachments

• tech-sheet-w10814258-revc.pdf
    263.8 KB · Views: 40

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny, that means you will need to order and replace the MAIN CONTROL BOARD I posted the link to in post #6 above.

Jake

Johnic

Premium Member
I know this is taking a while but the manufacture is finally going to send a board to the customer. Once the customer gets the board I will put it in, test it and let everyone know the results. Jake thank you for your help in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny sounds good, yes keep us posted.

Jake

Johnic

Premium Member
Sorry this took so long but we were waiting for a board from Maytag. Here’s how it went.

Install new board and program board with code 1720 on data plate. Test unit, push switch for water, can hear micro switch clicking, door beeps, and no water. No voltage going to water valve.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny, that new MAIN CONTROL BOARD should of fixed it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All this happened after the customer changed the water filter.
The customer states that he replaced the filter and cycled the water through until it came out clean. Two weeks later he tried to get ice and there was nothing. He does not have the bypass And has not considered buying another filter, but I have recommended it.

Stop the presses! You need to be 100% sure the customer is using the OEM water filter Johnny.

Remove the water filter and see if its the OEM one I posted in post #2 above.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny sounds good.

Since this is still under the 1 yr. warranty its best to contact Maytag if you can't fix it before the warranty runs out, so Maytag can replace the entire refrigerator.

Its extremely rare to ever see this problem happen out-of-warranty, much less in-warranty.

Jake

Johnic

Premium Member
It is within the one-year warranty. Maytag can’t get anybody to send out to fix it so my client has contacted me. I need to get back in touch with the customer and with Maytag before they make the decision to replace the refrigerator.

Johnic

Premium Member
I just did speak with the customer and it is the filter that came with the refrigerator. It has never been replaced even after using the bypass cap, the water and I still don’t work.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Johnny. There is no Maytag service techs in my area either, I'm in rural western Arizona.

So what Maytag tells customers to do is contact a local appliance tech. to come out and determine the problem, then from the customers house contact Maytag and Maytag will send the parts to the customer for no charge, then you go back and install them, and the customer pays the tech up to $150 for the labor to repair it, then Maytag re-imburses the customer.

If the tech. can not fix it, Maytag by-law has to give the customer a new refrigerator within the 1st year warranty.

Jake

Johnic

Premium Member
We went through all that and as I stated prior, with the new board in I still have no power to the water valves. I need to contact whirlpool