• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Refrigerator MFI2269VEM2 Light sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carguy1949

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2269VEM2
Brand
Maytag
The light on the front of my refrigerator isn't working properly. In the "auto" setting the light is on all the time. If I shine a flashlight on the sensor it will shut off but then come back on when the flashlight is removed. The light works fine in the "on" and "off" setting.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's how it says in the owners manual it should work.

Auto: The light sensor monitors the light level in the room. The dispenser light will illuminate at half-power when the light level is low. To activate the Auto option press the “light” button. The Auto indicator light will illuminate.
On: For continuous light, press the “light” button a second time. The On indicator light will illuminate.
Off: To turn the dispenser light off, press the “light” button a third time.

Now there is a setting to change the brightness of it in your User Preferences Menu.

Auto Light Level Selection (LL)
This preference allows you to adjust the dispenser light level from dimmest to brightest (settings 1 through 9).

To Access the User Preferences Menu:
1. Press and hold the Door Alarm touch pad for three seconds. The preference name will appear in the Freezer display and the preference status (F or C) or (ON or OFF) will appear in the Refrigerator display.
2. Use the Freezer up or down arrow touch pads to scroll through the preference names. When the desired preference name is displayed, press the Refrigerator up or down arrow touch pads to change the preference status.
3. Set your preferences by pressing and holding the Door Alarm touch pad for 3 seconds.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Why did you replace the main control board? what was wrong with the refrigerator before you replaced it?

Here's the main control board for your model:
WPW10310240 High Voltage Control Board

Jake

carguy1949

Premium Member
The board was bad. Fridge quit cooling. The light was working properly before I replaced it. Seems like the sensor is getting weak

carguy1949

Premium Member
Apparently the new board reset the "auto" setting. I adjusted it as you said and now all is good. Thanks for the info !!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, that was all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.