• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Refrigerator MFI2568AES Control panel is locked up.

Willyjay59

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2568AES
Brand
Maytag
The control panel is locked up no matter what buttons I push. Can not get it to go into service test mode. Freezer and Fridge get to correct temperature if plugged in for 12 hours.

20210523_112450.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
Good point. I forgot about that. Check for 12 VDC on the dispenser board J1-1 - J1-3. Check the Keypad keytail. Disconnect it from the board and check for any corrosion on the pins. I haven't found any way to test the keypad and the Lv board is discontinued.

Willyjay59

Premium Member
BTW thank you for your excellent technical skills. I am a 60 Years old. A US Navy Submarine Interior Communications Electrician. I started HillBilly Appliances and more after I retired from many Industrial electrician jobs as a civilian. I truly thank you for your help, and God Bless you.
I do this here in Lamar, Mo. just for extra money for my wife and I.

I will do as you say and keep you updated on my progress.

Willyjay59

Premium Member
BTW is there a capacitor that might need to be discharged, to reset the memory on the touch pad circuit board?

rickgburton

Staff member
I am a 60 Years old. A US Navy Submarine Interior Communications Electrician.
We got a lot in common my friend. US Navy 1972 -1976 Aviation Ordnance 3rd class. There wasn't a lot of openings for someone with bomb, missile, or weapons experience so I went into appliance repair. Surprisingly similar to building guided missiles....lol. 66 years old.
is there a capacitor that might need to be discharged,
Good question. I don't know. Service techs don't go beyond board level in the field because it's not cost effective. That being said, many members, mostly those with an electronics background, have replaced board components with some success. The only boards I've worked on were on my own appliances. Before the internet I thought a "blown cap" was what's left over when you shoot a cap gun. lol

Willyjay59

Premium Member
I got out as a E6, was an LPO , qualified as a Diving officer when I left. anyways. I did solder the Capacitors on the main mother board in a repair kit I got off Ebay. Same old same ole. I am going to sell it for 200 as a garage refrigerator. my only concern is, will it stop running when it reaches operating temperature?

BTW thank you for your service.