• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Refrigerator MFI2569YEM0 Help me troubleshoot my icemaker...

bassadict69

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569YEM0
Brand
Maytag
Maytag MFI2569YEM0 is not making ice...I have a good flow of water to the dispensor

I have read about jumping two points to activate the ice maker and attempted that and the ice maker does absolutely nothing. Is there something else to check? Or does that mean my icemaker is bad?

The main control board was previously changed about 6 months ago...everything worked fine after.
The water valve was changed about a month ago because the water line kept freezing...it has not made ice since, and not sure how well it was making ice before changing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So If you put your meter leads between L and N on the ice maker module you have 120 Volts AC? Make sure the you hold the light switch's in when testing for 120 Volts AC between L and N.

Ice Maker Module.jpg

This is the ice maker for your model:
whirlpool-small8cube-icemakerassy-wpw10300024-ap6019087_01_m.jpg

Jake

bassadict69

Premium Member
Yes, I do have a little over 12v between L & N...

I do have just a handful of ice cubes in the bucket, but it should be plenty full by now!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
12 volts Only? Not 120 volts?

Jake

bassadict69

Premium Member
Sorry, I have no clue what I got earlier! I did it quickly while juggling 3-4 things.

I just rechecked it and got nothing! Also there is still the same handful of ice in the bucket, no more than earlier.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
On the main control board between J1 Pin 8 to J2 Pin 8 you should get 120 volts. That's the voltage that goes to the ice maker itself.

If you do get 120 volts between J1 Pin 8 to J2 Pin 8 on the main control board, then you'd need a new wire harness:

Here's the main control board for your model:
whirlpool-board-hv-control-wpw10312695-ap6019287_01_m.jpg

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes keep us posted.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should be counting left to right.

Pin 1 is far left then count to the right to Pin 8.

Jake

bassadict69

Premium Member
It's reading 120v... Is there a way to test the icemaker end of the harness? How do we know its the harness and not the icemaker itself?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Go back at what I said in post #2:--->Put your meter leads between L and N on the ice maker module you have 120 Volts AC? Make sure the you hold the light switch's in when testing for 120 Volts AC between L and N.

If you don't get 120 volts across L and N, then unplug the wire harness at the ice maker and ohm test the thermal in-line fuse that connects to the ice maker and see if you have continuity on it, if no continuity then its bad, and this wire harness is in-stock:

I circled the in-line thermal fuse in RED:

wireharns-wire.jpg

bassadict69

Premium Member
So the fuse isn't replaceable? I'll test that when I get home this afternoon...

That harness does not look like it will be fun to change out? Is there a tutorial online anywhere?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Correct, you can't just replace the in-line fuse, you have to order the wire harness.

Watch this video:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.