• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Refrigerator MFI2569YEM0 - I think I made a major mistake and warped the icemaker box!

jwclteer

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569YEM0
Brand
Maytag
While attempting to thaw and remove my icemaker which I felt was frozen, I used a hairdryer pointing into the box where the icemaker is mounted. I got a phone call and stepped away while the hairdryer was on and the door closed, pushing the nozzle of the dryer close to the wall of the icemaker box and now it is bulged out, blocking the path the icemaker itself pulls out of. Am I totally screwed? Is this part even replaceable?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, that part is not replaceable, unfortunately.

Jake

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You could try heating it again (carefully!) and once soft, press it back out of the way. Maybe use a flat panel against the softened plastic to try to get it flat again?

Dan O.

bassadict69

Premium Member
I heated everything back up and finally got it smoothed out enough so that the icemaker comes out and the ice bucket easily slides in and out.

I guarantee you that will be the last time I make that mistake!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I've seen severe liner deformation, often when people use stream to try to speed defrosting.

Keep an eye on it! 😲

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.