• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Refrigerator MFI2569YEM0 not making Ice

TChurchill

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2569YEM0
Brand
Maytag
Hello everyone

-My freezer is not making ice. Things to know.
-Tray is empty
-Ice push button tries to drop ice( none in tray)
-No water in ice bucket
-Replaced water valve being no water was getting into bucket.

I'm at a lost of what to look for next. Other than to blindly replace components. Which I'd rather not do.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need a multimeter and verify you get 120 volts at the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve when the ice maker should be filling, towards the end of the cycle.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
WPW10300024 Icemaker

The front cover can removed from the icemaker, usually a small flat screwdriver can be used to pry off the front cover.

Make a jumper wire, an insulated piece of wire ( 14 gauge) with the ends of the wire bare approx 1/2".

Then you can jump T&H(look at the photo below) and that will start your ice maker motor into a cycle(make sure you hold the door switch in when you jump T&H). Don't leave the jumper wire in more than 7 seconds when you do that.

Then let it cycle and towards the end of the cycle the water inlet valve should open and let water into the ice maker.

TH.jpg

Jake

TChurchill

Premium Member
Thanks alot for the quick response.

This did not do anything assuming I did it right. I did push it pretty far inside.

Not sure I checked the 120 on the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve of the water inlet valve correctly

20211126_180220.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Door you press and hold the door switches in when you jumped T and H?

Just remove the electrical connector to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve and put your meter probes in that electrical connector and keep watching your meter for 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This is your water inlet valve in the refrigerator section per this video:

Here's the water inlet valve for your model, the YELLOW one is the ice maker side:
WPW10312696 Valve-Inlt

Jake

TChurchill

Premium Member
I did indeed hold the door switch and the internal light turned off. Maybe try a longer jumper? I measured it off the length of the connector or does this mean my ice tray is bad in it self?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Maybe try a longer jumper?
Yes, try that first. If still nothing then you will need a multimeter then--->Put your meter leads between L and N on the ice maker module you have 120 Volts AC? Make sure the you hold the light switch's in when testing for 120 Volts AC between L and N.

If you don't get 120 volts across L and N, then unplug the wire harness at the ice maker and ohm test the thermal in-line fuse that connects to the ice maker and see if you have continuity on it, if no continuity then its bad, and this wire harness is in-stock:

I circled the in-line thermal fuse in RED:

wireharns-wire-red.jpg

Jake

Last edited: