• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Refrigerator MFI2665XEM8 How to Check Power to Water Fill Valve from Ice Maker

SFRanger

Premium Member
Model Number
MFI2665XEM8
Brand
Maytag
The Ice maker constantly cycles. I replaced the Dual Water Valve (found out later how to test the valve and the old one was good). Water flow is great. Water dispenser works fine. The problem started after the water filter was down for a few days until I got a replacement. New filter, new valve, flushed and no frozen fill tube. Ice Maker cycles. How to test this problem before ordering new Ice Maker? Any help is appreciated. ~ Robert

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Robert,

The problem is the ice maker itself, I've already replaced two of these same ice maker kits for the no water issue in Parker, Arizona, and it fixed them both.:)

You have to replace the wiring that comes with it as well, the instructions tell you how to do it.

You can also Force cycle the ice maker and measure the voltage at the water valve solenoid at the end of the harvest cycle. If your meter indicates 120 VAC for about 7 seconds, replace the water valve. If your meter indicates less than 100 VAC replace the ice maker.

Just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of the water inlet valve, then put your meter probes in that electrical connector, then cycle the ice maker and watch the meter to see if you get 120 volts towards the end of the ice maker cycle.

This video shows you how to access the water inlet valve inside the refrigerator section:
The smaller water line tube goes to the ice maker. So the ice maker side solenoid is the YELLOW one, put your meter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the YELLOW solenoid.

On one service call I had last summer In Parker, Arizona I was only getting 48 volts to the ice maker side of the water inlet valve solenoid when I cycled the ice maker. I ordered this exact same ice maker kit and it fixed it.:)

On the other service call the ice maker was continuously cycling like yours and not putting water in either, and I replaced it with this exact same ice maker kit too and it fixed it as well.:)

Here's the ice maker kit for your model you can order:
W10882923 Icemaker

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Robert, the new ice maker kit will definity fix it.:)

This video shows you how to do it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good Robert, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

SFRanger

Premium Member
Bummer,

Replaced the Ice maker. Plugged it in. Fan started right away. Arm stayed in up position (I can move it up or down...not like the other ice maker where it won't move manually. Anyway. Not working. Took it back out and took the arm off. Put it back on in the down position. Put it back in and thought I heard the water. Felt for it. Very little did go in. Will give it 24 hours and see what happens.

Last edited:

SFRanger

Premium Member
2.5 hrs later... Ice dropped in bucket! Didn't expect that so fast.

Thanks for the help Jake!

That video really helped me do this job.

New Ice Maker, Water Valve...$131. Labor 2.5 hours. Not bad.

Robert

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Robert, glad to hear the new ice maker kit fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Yes, after you replace it, give it 24 hours, glad it dropped ice 2.5 hrs later.:)

Jake

SFRanger

Premium Member
Jake,

Is there a way to adjust the amount of ice? It filled the bucket overnight and kept on producing ice. I had to turn the ice maker off. It doesn't sense the level. The bar doesn't touch ice at all.

Thoughts.,

Robert

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Robert,

Sounds like you don't have the plastic flapper that connects to metal sensor bar on it.

Look at the video above at the 1:16 mark, see that plastic flapper attached to the sensor bar? That has to be on the metal sensor bar, that tells the bar to rise when the ice gets full.:)

Jake

Last edited:

SFRanger

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Looks like the bar that came with the kit is the same as the old one so I exchanged the old when for the new one as the old one has that plastic flapper. It's in. we'll see how it goes. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, what I do is just remove that plastic flapper extension from the old metal bar sensor and put it on the new metal bar sensor.:)

Removing the old metal bar sensor with that plastic flapper extension from the old ice maker and putting it on the new ice maker should be fine too.:)

That should stop the ice from overflowing.

Jake