• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag side by side Model MSB2154WRG

jagdishsg

Premium Member
imported post

The freezer becomes very cold and cooling fins completely ice up, even the vent to fridge side ices & blocks air flow to the fridge side. The Auto defroster was removed and it tested ok. Defroster heat coil resistance from defroster plug read 240K, which seems tobe ok. I am not sure if the thermostat in the heater assembly is ok.:(

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

Just use your Ohm Meter to check the continuity of the heater and defrost thermostat(making sure the defrost thermostat is very cold with frost on it when you test it.) both should have continuity.

Jake

jagdishsg

Premium Member
imported post

Hi Jake,

Heater continuity cheked normal, and I have replaced the the thermostat. Frezzer seems to cool ok(-18 Deg C or +0.0 Deg F), but fridge still seems to be warm running at +10 Deg C or 45 Deg F. I think the fridgetemp shouldbe around34 Deg F. Freezer fan seems to work ok, any suggetions!!

Jagdish

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Normal refrigerator temperature is 37-42, i would open the air duct to the refrigerator section more, which means turning it less cool in the freezer, that will open the refrigerator air duct more.

Also the door gaskets for leaks or rips in the gaskets, make sure your condenser is clean too.

Jake