• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Side by Side Model MSD2456GE

Tokyo-Rob

imported post

I have had the repair guy out once who replaced a thermostat device between the freezer and the box. He removed a large accumulation of ice in the passage between the freezer and the box with a hair dryer. Seemed to work fine for about 2 weeks. Again the box started to warm up, no cool air flow. I pulled the cover on the freezer side and note the passage is full of ice again. I thawed it out but have no confidence this will solve the problem for any length of time.

I am wondering about the door seal on the box side. When we first got it, the seals would always feel warm to the touch. They no longer do. What's this about? Anything I can do before calling the repair guy again

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

**He removed a large accumulation of ice in the passage between the freezer and the box with a hair dryer**

Ice like an ice cube or white like frost/snow?

**I pulled the cover on the freezer side and note the passage is full of ice again.**

Cover for the evaporator coils near the bottom? Cover near the top?

**When we first got it, the seals would always feel warm to the touch. They no longer do. What's this about?**

Should only feel a little warmth around the door opening when the refrigerator is running.

Is the evaporator fan motor in the freezer running ok?...they can be intermittant.

jeff.