FIXED Maytag side by side MSS26C6MFZ00, serial # HR74010058 mfg date 10 17 icemaker issue

Jaket

Premium Member
Model Number
MSS26C6MFZ00
Brand
Maytag
We were on vacation for 8 days and when we got back the ice maker was full but over the next three days after usage there is no more ice.
Things I've done. A) cleaned out the ice bucket and the surrounding area which had ice buildup.
B) tested all the switches, doors, ice maker lever in down position checked the waterline and water supply all good.
C) replaced the water filter even though the one previously was only two months old and the light stated good. Also purged the air out running 2 gallons of water through the water dispenser.
D) unplugged it for five minutes and plugged it back in since I couldn't find a reset button.
E) took off the back cardboard piece to make sure all the connections are good.
F) checked temp in with a thermometer freezer is at 0 degrees and ref is at 37degrees f.
What else can I do? To check the water supply solenoid do I need to disconnect the water lines to check for continuity?
Any input would be appreciated.
Is there a way to manually cycle the icemaker.
Is there a way to check the water inlet without providing direct power to the pins cause they are sitting quiet a ways inside the bottom with a bunch.of stuff.
I should also mention that there is no water in the tray but the black dispenser pipe is not frozen or have ice that I can see with a flash light.
Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
Is there any ice in the ice maker? If you can locate your tech sheet, it will tell you how to force cycle the ice maker. Probably in service mode.

Jaket

Premium Member
There is no ice or water in the ice maker tested the continuity in the water inlet valve and it's good. Now I am thinking either thermostat in the ice maker or there is a mechanical issue with the inlet valve. Trying to narrow the issue before throwing parts at it.

rickgburton

Staff member
Thanks bigbuck! Jaket, run test 44 and post the results here. Let me know if you're having trouble following it.

Jaket

Premium Member
So the service sheets indicates everything but which switch is the change setting key. I am dumb enough so would appreciate someone telling me when the change setting key is.

Jaket

Premium Member
So I tried step 44 but can't seem to get the harvest cycle to on because according to the service sheet it's off at the beginning of this step.

Jaket

Premium Member
Thanks bigbuck! Jaket, run test 44 and post the results here. Let me know if you're having trouble following it.
d
so I ran step 44 and it's blinking 23 = 2 icemaker harvest cycle off ,3=switch faulty or motor. When I run step 45 for water fill test its blinking 01 = Ice tray moving to home. Thanks

Jaket

Premium Member
When I was looking for the service sheet i came across wires that had been cut off from door rubbing and linking over time including the outer sheath. Think I will solder them and go from there.

Attachments

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
Been seeing this often lately. Solder, heat shrink, and some black tape should fix it.

Jaket

Premium Member
Trouble shooting no ice maytag side by side fixed. Soldering those wires on the floor no room was a pita. The wires broke right at the bottom of the door because they were kinking at a severe angle and rubbing on the metal bracket through which they were routed. Because four of the wires were severed, had to splice them and solder to get the correct length also used auto wire loom for more protection but I am fairly sure after opening and closing the door several times that the wire harness will be severed again inevitably over time because of the design. I want to find the part number for the wire harness that runs through the door and modify the brackets and the wire harness. Do I need to disassemble the door to run the harness from the bottom to the freezer?. Thanks to every one for the help specially bigbuck for posting the service sheet pdf. Finished it late last night while the family was asleep and this morning we had ice 😊.

rickgburton

Staff member
The wire harness for the freezer door is not available because it's foamed in.

Jaket

Premium Member
The wire harness for the freezer door is not available because it's foamed in.
Thanks rickgburton for the information. Makes me feel uneasy because i could barely strip the wire under the door, splice it and solder it. If it were to happen again. I might have to get a new freezer door if that is even available.