maytag stackable washer/dryer

ceastlick

Premium Member
my maytag stackable washer/dryer will fill up with water then nothing happens. it won't wash or spin to empty. my thought is it is the timer. someone suggested the lid switch but the lid has to be shut to fill so i don't think it's that. any help would really be appreciated.:confused:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Whats the model# of your Maytag stackable? its located inside the dryer door.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks,

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for Maytag LSE7804ACE: Top & Lid Parts

Actually, it should fill with the lid open, but just not agitate or spin till your lid is closed, so its possibly your lid switch, its part location#6 in your parts diagram.

Jake

ceastlick

Premium Member
okay. i have the lid switch assembly off and i have a picture of the part. however in the picture there is a black piece with a switch and a fuse. but my machine does not have a black piece with a switch and a fuse anywhere. when i checked the exploded diagram i couldn't find a black piece with a switch and a fuse.

I am including a link to this part for you to look at. the other pictures i've seen of lid assemblies do not have the black piece with a switch and a fuse.
Here is the link: Lid Switch Assembly 12001513

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, i see what you mean, but it does have the other piece in it right?

They may have these now come with both depending on the model your machine is.

Jake

ceastlick

Premium Member
yes, it has the other piece just like the one in the picture. i spent half the day trying to find and appliance repair place to let me bring my switch in to test it and none of them said they do that. i guess it's just their way of protecting their business from the average joe from fixing his own machine. thanks so much for your help with all of this, i really do appreciate it.
charles

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you take that switch assembly to your local appliance parts store, they will test it for you, as they would want to sell you a new one if it tested bad.

Jake