• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer A9400

BMS52

Premium Member
Model Number
A9400
Brand
Maytag
My washer had been working just fine and now it fills but is almost impossible to get to go past filling with water. I’ve somehow managed to get the past 2 loads to complete - but getting it to proceed to the next cycle is very difficult.

I can still hear the click when opening and closing the lid, so I didn’t think it was the lid switch - but could it still be the lid switch?

Maytag Top Load
Model : A9400
Serial: 129203
(Pic attached of serial # panel if more info is needed)

Please let me know if you have any input as to what I should be trying first!
Thank you so much for your time!

Attachments

• 2CC1893C-ECEA-4984-AAE8-743B65540DCD.jpeg
    2CC1893C-ECEA-4984-AAE8-743B65540DCD.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 38

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not understanding the problem.

It fills with water then what happens? Does the water stop filling and it starts to agitate? or does the water keep filling while its agitating and you have to shut the water off at the water faucet to make the water stop filling?

Jake

BMS52

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
I'm replying for my daughter who is the one having the washer problem. Apparently it fills with water and then does nothing after that. She was unable to get it to drain and ended up having to bail the water out with a bucket. She can hear the lid activated switch make a clicking sound but opening and closing the lid have no effect. Apparently it worked for a short time this weekend but I need to know which parts to replace to keep it going.
Thanks for your help.
Brian

BMS52

Premium Member
Hi Jake!
Erin here with the washer issue - thanks so much for replying (and you too, Dad ;) )
When it fills with water - it is just fine. It does not proceed to the next cycle. It does not agitate - it doesn’t do anything at all. Sometimes when I mess with it for a while - it does begin the next cycle so that it can finish up with the cycle, but getting it to fill and then actually move on to the next cycle is very very difficult.

Thank you so much for time with this - I so appreciate it!

-Erin

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Brian and Erin!

Sometimes when I mess with it for a while - it does begin the next cycle so that it can finish up with the cycle, but getting it to fill and then actually move on to the next cycle is very very difficult.
Erin: Are you messing with the lid or the timer to get it to advance?

If your messing with the timer to get it to advance, then the timer is starting to fail, unfortunately the timer is No Longer Available:
Timer WP22207376

Jake

BMS52

Premium Member
Erin tells me that opening and closing the lid several times seems to get it going so I'd like to start with the switch. If you let me know that part number I'll order it right away.
Thanks again Jake.
Brian

BMS52

Premium Member
Just curious. If it turns out to be the timer are there any options? I'm wondering if I can repair it or get a timer from a different model and make it fit...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Erin tells me that opening and closing the lid several times seems to get it going so I'd like to start with the switch. If you let me know that part number I'll order it right away.
Thanks again Jake.
Brian
Ok Brian, then the new lid switch assembly should fix it.

Here it is for her washer:
Lid Switch Assembly WP22001682

Watch this video to replace it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just curious. If it turns out to be the timer are there any options? I'm wondering if I can repair it or get a timer from a different model and make it fit...
Unfortunately not that I'm aware of.

But don't worry, the new Maytag Washers are good too, I own a 2016 Maytag and its top-notch!

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Brian, let us know how it goes.

Jake