• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Washer A9600 stops at rinse cycle

sdpeabody@yahoo

Premium Member
Model Number
A9600
Brand
Maytag
This is an old machine, but it has been a great one. Never had to repair ever. My wife loves it, as she hate all the new ones with all the bells and whistles. So I going try to repair it.

On both cycles ( Regular and Prem. Press) it stops at the rinse cycle and will not advance and no water comes out. It makes a low humming noise when it stops. It does fills with water and runs through the wash cycle and does drains the water. I can manually move the dial to the spin cycle and it spin and will finish the cycle. When it spinning if I lift up top it will stop.

Thanks

Steve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Steve,

It sounds like the cold water side solenoid of your water inlet valve has gone bad, because the rinse cycle only puts in cold water when it fills.

Put the machine in the Regular wash cycle and put it on cold only and see if cold water comes out.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 205613

Jake

sdpeabody@yahoo

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the tip. I did have no cold water on the wash cycle. I replace the inlet valve and it works fine now. On a side note it may have been the hose with that has the flood safe feature. After I disconnected the hoses I tested them to check the flow. There was no cold water so I had to reset it.

In any case it was a quick fix and my wife a happy camper now. She does like all the new overley complex washers. Just like the basic wash and rinse and spin.

Steve

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Steve, glad to hear its working good again. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake