• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag washer MHW3505FW1 error code E03 F01

dltocci113

Premium Member
Model Number
MHW3505FW1
Brand
Maytag
I have the exact issue explained in an earlier thread called "Maytag MHW3505FW1 Washer - F03 E01 Error Code". I have done everything in the action items suggested to no avail.
The other member basically explained exact what I experience. F03 E01 occurs when the washer is doing a drain and spin, so it's quite a way into the cycle. Here is what I have done
so far:
Removed the back of my washer (more than once) checked the drain trap which is very clean and very little water comes out.
Removed the air trap and hose, check inside it found nothing, clean it for good measure. Placed a strong vacuum against the opening of washer where air trap exists, nothing came out.
Removed the air hose between air trap and water level pressure switch, check for clog, nothing. Blew through hose to find no resistance.
Removed the external drain hose and check inside of hose for blockage, nothing found
Placed vacuum on drain hose outlet port, nothing came out
Reassembled all items. Made sure air hose to water pressure switch is not kinked or crimped. Made sure the drain hose into house drain was only 8" into drain and within the height requirement noted in Maytag's install guide.

After a few washes the F03 E01 returns.

Next, ensured water was drained and replaced water pressure switch plus blew through line.
F03 E01 returns.

As of late the F03 E01 condition seems to happen after washer has been sitting unused for ~24 hrs.
The first load will generate the error but according to my wife the following 3-4 loads run fine. Odd.
We use "he" recommended soap and observed very little soap suds when issue happens.

By the way 3 yr ago we had a repair man examine the washer. He reset the control board and blew in the air pressure hose, that was it
It seems to be problem free for a while but now the issue returned. Not impressed with Maytag. This issue is all over Google.
Most seem to fix it by finding a clogged drain trap. That's not my case.

Can you provide details on going into the control board's admin functions? I know you press 3 times in succession the temperate, soil and spin button to enter admin mode
but what are the inputs to run various tests.

dltocci113

Premium Member
I found the 48 page Maytag service technician guide. Still looking for some input from others.

Attachments

• W10602465-RevB.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 33

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think you got the error code backwards, that should be F3E1--->WATER LEVEL SYSTEM ERROR ?

If so--->The ACU detects an out of range pressure signal.
Possible Causes
• Check connections from tub to air trap, air trap to pressure hose, and pressure hose to water level sensor.
Is pressure hose pinched, kinked, plugged, or leaking air?
• See TEST #7 (Water Level Sensor) on page 17

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.