• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MHWE201YW00 with intermittent draining issues, F9E1, 5d -- pump is leaking?

clepsydrae

Premium Member
Model Number
MHWE201YW00
Brand
Maytag
Our Maytag MHWE201YW00 has been giving an "5d" (= "suds") error code recently. Occasionally an F9E1 ("long drain"), and occasionally not draining, etc.

But it's intermittent -- sometimes it works fine.

We are using appropriate detergent (i.e. no suds, in reality.) Pressure switch and tube to pressure switch seem OK and clear. I checked all the drain lines and they are clear. The drain pump is not clogged, impeller is firmly attached to shaft, etc. Self test usually shows no issues.

However I took the drain pump out of the plastic plumbing it's connected to to more closely check it out, and it seems like there is water leaking into the pump housing. As I held it, there was water dripping out around the point indicated by the arrow in this image.

...doesn't seem like there's supposed to be water in there? And if there is water in there, it seems like the kind of thing that would cause intermittent poor drainage, no? Am I likely to have found the culprit?

Thanks for any perspectives on it!

-c

Attachments

• drain_pump_with_arrow.jpg
    drain_pump_with_arrow.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 33
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.