• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MHWE301YG00 Washer - Last spin?

6oh

Premium Member
Model Number
MHWE301YG00
Brand
Maytag
Hello folks....

Have a dilemma I'm hoping for help with. Have the aforementioned Maytag washer, a 3000 series, and seems its acting a bit off. I replaced the bellows after it getting leaking, and now have a washer that during its normal wash, wont go through the last spin and drain.

The clothes come out wet, and then when i do the rinse/drain/spin, without the rinse, it indeed goes through the high speed drain and spin for drier clothes. I have replaced the drain pump, and have tested the pressure switch. Also, have confirmed the drain outs are unblocked and clean.

Hoping for help in trying to trouble shoot that last step in a normal wash, where they are wet in the end... seems it spends the last 10 minutes just draining, without that last spin.... Thanks in advance for your help.

6oh

Premium Member
Appreciate any time to read this... Quick troubleshooting update. My Maytag washer, during a regular wash, wont kick into a last higher speed spin in the last spin sysle before the last drain. So, clothes still wet when we open the door. This has coincidentally started when i replaced the bellows. So...

1. Drain Pump replaced, still wet issue.
2. Have clean out the incoming water filters, no blockage.
3. Have cleaned out the Washer Tub-To-Pump Hose, and checked the pressure switch / tube. All looks ok.
4. Have confirmed no blockage in the drain tubes, given them both a clean scrubbing / pipe cleaning.
5. The rinse/drain/spin option, when i unselect the rinse, does work and spins and drains.
6. Duriung the time the draining happens in that last 10-15 minutes of a wash, that drain pump kicks into a consistent pump pump pump without kicking into the spin.

So, now i'm trying to figure out that last spin on the wash cycles.... have gone though the diagnostics, but showing "88"... i'm perplexed?

Much thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, check these below, especially the ones in BOLD.

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check drive motor.
3. Check drive belt.
4. Make sure that all wire harness connections between the main Motor to MCU, and MCU to CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.
5. Make sure all the green wires (ground harnesses system) are not broken or with wires detached.
6. Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.

7. Perform the Motor Resistance Test. See page 7.
8. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
9. Verify washer operation by running a Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test. See page 5.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below, on page 6 do this--->Drum rotates counter-clockwise and will ramp to the maximum speed.

Jake

Attachments

• W10385295 Tech Sheet.pdf
    771.9 KB · Views: 24

6oh

Premium Member
appreciate it, Jake.... let me go through those shortly and narrow it down. Will circle back. Cheers.

6oh

Premium Member
Hey Jake, thanks again for helping the troubleshoot... i did have time today to run thr0ugh it all, see the comments below:

2. Check drive motor. - ALL GOOD
3. Check drive belt. - ALL GOOD
4. Make sure that all wire harness connections between the main Motor to MCU, and MCU to CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible. ALL GOOD
5. Make sure all the green wires (ground harnesses system) are not broken or with wires detached. - ALL GOOD
6. Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels. - All GOOD

7. Perform the Motor Resistance Test. See page 7. - All Good
9. Verify washer operation by running a Service History Mode & Diagnostic Test. See page 5. - All Good, still 88.

After all this, i did run a test Rinse/Drain/Spin, and only then it kicks into a High Speed spin mode... the drain pump seem to be pumping non-stop, mind you. So i'm still perplexed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is very odd, I'm puzzled too. I don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

Its best to Contact Maytag Canada to come out and see what's going on.

Jake