• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MVWB725BW0 getting F71 suds error

Superjmur

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB725BW0
Brand
Maytag
Maytag Bravos XL throws suds error wont spin out. I have checked for stuck clothing between tub and sides. The drive hub also checked good. When I do a rotor position sensor test by spinning the drum by hand it appears it passes. The wash, rinse, spin lights light accordingly. It also seems to pass the motor test by running in all 3 speeds. I dont know what else it could be. Here is a video of the tests performed.

Attachments

• VID_20220603_200340910.mp4
    19.5 MB

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's your tech. data sheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i5KqMA2RZwZmw0WDl0Q3hIZ3c/view?usp=sharing

Page 3 F71➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing motor to spin properly.

From your video I can hear when the tub spins the bearings on it sounds rough, and not smooth, so the cause is the bad bearings which causes the mechanical friction on drive mechanism.

So the new bearing kit is what you would need.

Here's the bearing kit(Video Included):
W10435302 Bearing and Tub Seal Kit

Here's the bearing driver installation tool:
W10447783 Bearing Installation Tool

Jake

Superjmur

Premium Member
Thank you!

Also, there is quiet a bit of rust under the machine around the shaft and motor. Do you suppose the bearing seal failed and allowed water to leak into the bearings and out of the machine? I was told it leaks but I never got it to because the friction code caused it to stop.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do you suppose the bearing seal failed and allowed water to leak into the bearings and out of the machine?
Yes, that sounds exactly like what happened.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Josh!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.