• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Washer MVWB835DW4 error code F7E5 - Shifter Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

tseibring

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB835DW4
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Bravos XL that is not starting. It's showing a F7E5 code which is a shifter fault. After you push the start button , the wash plate will spin slowly and the light goes from sensing to wash and back to sensing. No water starts and the tub will not spin. My question is where is the shifter and how do I know if it needs replaced. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It's possibly the slider or clutch that's gone bad when it does that.

But check these first:
• Check shifter connectors.
• Check for clothing or another item wedged between the impeller and the basket that could bind them together.
• Check that the shifter slider moves freely.

Here's the Shift Actuator(also called Slider) for your model(video included in part link):
Shift Actuator W10734521

The shifter coil is the clutch assembly, it has the Orange and White wires going to it.

Here's the clutch(shifter coil) assembly for your model:
W10754448 Clutch

It's also here:

Here's another member that said the new clutch fixed his:

Here's the video to access those parts and replace it:

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, I've replaced the clutch and checked to see if the slider parts move freely. After doing this it's still doing the same thing. I remember it making that loud click when you first start it and it's not doing that. Could it be the stator? One thing I forgot to mention is when I plug the washer in , it has a little spark coming from the plugin. Is that a sign of a bad ground or wiring? I've checked all connections and have found nothing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
One thing I forgot to mention is when I plug the washer in , it has a little spark coming from the plugin. Is that a sign of a bad ground or wiring?
Don't worry about that, I see that happen too on these models, its normal.

F7E5 Fault is displayed when the main control determines the shifter is not engaging the basket for spin or disengaging it for wash.
• Check shifter connectors.
• Check for clothing or another item wedged between the impeller and the basket that could bind them together.
• Check that the shifter slider moves freely.
• See TEST #3a: Drive System – Shifter, page 15.

Here's the data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofJhcJP0-NeEEDgLJfYm5JxLaMFvdtQm/view?usp=sharing

Do all those steps it mentions to do, you will need to just be patient and take your time with this one. I have not run across this F7E5 issue on these models as of yet, so just follow what it tells you to do.

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
I found the problem, I pulled the slider all the way out which was a little hard. I found out the magnet around it was cocked and causing it not to go in and out freely. This one is fixed after I replaced it with a new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.