• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MVWC450XW4 Lid lock light blinks and it sounds as if the latch is being activated to lock and unlock the lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaberry72

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC450XW4
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag centennial MVWC450XW4 washer. Did a load of laundry and the washer stopped at the spin cycle. Tried running the rinse and drain cycle with no luck. all of a sudden the lid lock light blinks and it sounds as if the latch is being activated to lock and unlock the lid. Unplugged washer for about 10 mins. plugged back in and same issue. Now could this be caused by the shift actuator? Still haven't received my new one yet. Had problems with that awhile back and I kinda took 2 to make one and it was working for awhile. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech data sheet below. Get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault code you get.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10468340 - Rev C.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 15

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You mean the lid lock switch keeps clicking ON and OFF continually? That usually indicates the lid lock latch switch or lid door strike is broken.

Fault lights is sensing rinse done then blinks spin and done.
That indicates F5E3--->LID UNLOCK FAULT

Sounds like possibly your lid lock latch switch is bad or your lid strike is broken.

Here's the lid lock latch switch assembly for your model you can order:
W10404050 Lid Latch Assembly

Also check the lid door strike that's mounted on your lid, to make sure that's not broke. When I order and replace the lid lock on these models I always order and replace the lid door strike as well, as they work together.

Here's the lid door strike for your model(Video Included):
WPW10240513 Lid Switch Strike

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jaberry72

Premium Member
Jake..Thanks for all your help. I said the h*** with it and went and bought a new washer. Just done with it. Thanks again for all your time and help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.