• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MVWC565FW Control Boards interchangeable?

BGT Masters of Tiki D

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC565FW2
Brand
Maytag
I was working on a MVWC565FW1 (would repeatedly fill with water and then drain on SPIN) and wanted to check the control board so I popped it in a MVWC565FW2 that had no issues. I was pleasantly surprised when it ran fine without any issues. All three models FW0, FW1 and FW2 call for different boards but are they all interchangeable? Also one thing that has me confused. I noticed the control board I removed from model FW2 (which is less than a year old) had a completely wrong control board in it (W10916485) , when I checked online it said that the board should have come out of FW0 so I am confused. Either the factory put the wrong board in it, someone swapped board on a washer with no problems or the factory/someone swapped top panels with the model ID sticker on it.

I also noticed FW1 and the board I pulled from FW2 (which is supposed to be in FW0 according to online searches) both have the same sticker on the green board W10857311. Wondering if its normal for the factory to put in the wrong board or if it is just an error with the parts database or something?

Here's the control board for your model MVWC565FW0: W11116594

Here's the control board for your model MVWC565FW1: W11162438

Here's the control board for your model MVWC565FW2: W11399433

Original part numbers can often change to updated part numbers when the manufacture does revisions and updates on them.

W10916485 changes to W11116594

I also noticed FW1 and the board I pulled from FW2 (which is supposed to be in FW0 according to online searches) both have the same sticker on the green board W10857311. Wondering if its normal for the factory to put in the wrong board or if it is just an error with the parts database or something?
That I don't know, no one else has mentioned this issue but you.:)

Jake

W10857311 does not appear to be a valid Whirlpool part number. It may just be one component of an assembly. It might be programmed differently or assembled into other different parts (ie. mounting bracket, etc.) and then sold under different numbers. I'm not sure who could tell you that besides Whirlpool.

JMO

Dan O.

Thanks guys. Still really odd that the board I pulled out of MVWC565FW2 is the board that is supposed to be in MVWC565FW0 and no where is it listed as being compatible. I understand about parts being updated and software changes in boards, it just seems odd to me to have an old version of a board installed in a newer version washer.

I've gotten a lot of these Maytag MVWC565FW series in lately. This is the first with having an outdated board in a newer model. I guess I'll never know if it was done at factory or by the owner. It being about a year old I'd think factory.

Yes, I agree, that is a mystery to me as well, as long as we don't see a pattern of this, then it was probably just a fluke. LOL

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.
Back