• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer MVWC565FW0 agitation very weak

Reccles

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWC565FW0
Brand
Maytag
4 year old Washer goes through all cycles fine except agitation. It moves cw/ccw but very weak. Checked hub under agitator. Not striped good condition. Shaft splines are good. Checked splutch. All is good nice clean cogs. Actuator works. In auto Diagnostic mode all is good, no grinding no noise. While running a normal wash cycle it just doesn’t agitate enough to move water. Did a reset and recalibrated. Repeat a wash, same results. Error code F7E6 will show up after wash cycle but not after auto diagnostic run. Did manual diagnostic test on motor, all good...spin slow, spin fast and correct direction.....agitation light and heavy both work but not like it should. Almost as if it is on setting below delicate. Maytag wants 135 just to come to house for 30 minutes and even though the motor is covered it could be something like the main board which is north of 375. Might as well get another washer. Has anyone had this same problem with weak agitation but all else seems good?

Last edited:

Reccles

Premium Member
Just put it back into manual diag mode and hit heavy agitation while I had the machine laying on its back to watch the motor, actuator and all. It agitated fine while not perpendicular. When I grab the machine and begin to lift back upright it continues agitating until it get almost upright then it is a weak side to side agitation. It does the same leaning forward or rearward. While laying on back and agitating I reached in and applied pressure to the agitator and it did not take much effort to stop the agitator from agitating side to side. Motor was still going and trany but just didn't have any force.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The problem is the transmission.

Here's the transmission(gearcase) for your model: W11454734 Gearcase

Jake

Reccles

Premium Member
Jake

I took off the splutch and even though the gears were good the lip portion on the inner moving gear plate was ground down so there was not a lip any more. I replaced with a new splutch.

Everything works except it pops out of spin cycle. It will begin but then the pulley has some up and down play from the shaft it is on just enough so that it moves down about a 1/8. I removed everything and grabbed onto drive shaft and I can move it up and down about 1/8. I verified tub is secured correctly at washer plate / agitator. This movement lets the splutch fall out of contact. I replaced the splutch again and double checked all movements with shifter and inner spring in splutch. When engaged after agitate it begins spin but then pops out(down). I stop and hit pulley back up and resume, the same happens. Is that much movement ok for the main shaft? Could there be something that is worn inside the trany that allows this play? Or is there something that I can not see on the diagrams that is a missing spacer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like I said, you need to replace the transmission.:)

Jake