• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Maytag Washer MVWX700XW2 Spin and Drain Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaulism

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWX700XW2
Brand
Maytag
We've been having issues with our washer leaving clothes wet. It has been happening seldomly, but increasing more and more. The past few days, it leaves clothes wet more often than not.

I set the washer to drain and spin, with the clothes still wet.
The washer went through the check fine, then sensed, seemingly fine.
I heard the drain kick on, and it drained water.
The washer then started to spin.
One time I observed, the washer spun slowly, the second time the washer kicked a bit higher in speed, but stopped. Neither time did the drum become unbalanced.
The washer kicked on the drain. There was 11 minutes left on the timer at this point.
After this, the washer lid unlocked.
After a bit, the lid locked again, the washer drained, the lid unlocked. I believe the timer was at 6 minutes.
I don't remember if the lid locked again, but after a bit, the end of cycle jingle played.

I checked the belt under the washer, and pulleys, it all appeared good. I suspect it isn't the lid lock, but let me know. What can I do next to troubleshoot, or is this enough information to diagnose?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like possibly the hub or shift actuator is bad.

Here's the hub for your model:
W10528947 Hub

Here's a video to access/replace it:

--->Look at these photos below of the hub teeth grinded down to smooth. It should NOT be grinded down to smooth.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Attachments

• wgww.jpg
    wgww.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 51
  • wrhwn.jpg
    wrhwn.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 50

Zaulism

Premium Member
I believe the teeth on my hub are fine. Does that mean my shift actuator is bad, or is there somehow i can test it?

PXL_20220504_164953434.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see in your photo some of the hub teeth are missing.

I'd replace that first.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the shift actuator for your model:
WPW10006355 Shift Actuator

Video included in part link to access/replace it.

I'm attaching the tech. data sheet below, you can do--->TEST #3a: Drive System – Shifter

To see if the shift actuator is good or not.

Jake

Attachments

• W10468342 - Rev C.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 62

Zaulism

Premium Member
I bought the part, and installed it. After testing, all appeared to be good. The washer is spinning the clothes good.

I'm not sure if me taking the console off, or the part replacement, or something else, but now the washer is either restarting itself or taking very long to complete loads.

At the end of the load, the washer is displaying Le error. If the washer has 60 minutes left, and we set a second timer for 60 minutes and check, it has 30 minutes left. I'm not sure if this is 30 minutes of a restarted cycle, or if it is still the same cycle.

I know if we leave it alone for 2-3 hours, it'll still be going when I go check on it. What do I do next?

Zaulism

Premium Member
I don't see that I can edit my previous post:

We had it set on Whites, and the dial is still on Whites, but the light indicator for the dial is now on Normal (2 slots over). I'm not sure if it went from Whites -> Heavy -> Normal. I'll try to figure out if that's what is going on (White Cycle -> Le Error -> Start next clockwise cycle -> Repeat

After some googling, i'm thinking I maybe have continuous test cycle turned on. I'm going to disable, then report back if all is good.

Last edited:

Zaulism

Premium Member
Ok, That fixed the problem. All is good.

My shifter was bad. Replacing it fixed that.

While diagnosing, I had enabled continuous test mode. After disabling, all is good. Topic can be closed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new shift actuator fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.