• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Washer SAV4655EWQ Another Jet Engine Spin Cycle Post

Mark P.

Premium Member
Model Number
SAV4655EWQ
Brand
Maytag
Wanted to verify that the jet engine noise during the spin cycle would be bad bearings. From some of the other posts, it appears that it is.
Wondering what kit would be required for this Maytag Model SAV4655EWQ Serial 12013376EL
Any videos on the repair would be much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Mark P.

Premium Member
Jake,
Thanks for your reply. There is a very small amount of water in the catch pan that the washer sits in. The previous owners who i just bought this place from said the washer leaks and was being included in "as is" condition. The noise is much worse than the leak but both washer and dryer look like new. I did one load and didnt see any water at all seeping out but the the catch pan is damp. I guess it could be a couple things but would it be worth changing the seal when replacing the bearing?

Thanks
Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Mark P.

Premium Member
Jake,
I dont see the tub seal kit assembly covered in the video for the Main Bearing assembly replacement. Are there installation instructions available somewhere or another video?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
are both those spanner wrenches and bearing tool required or can make sure with something else?
I always used the spanner wrenches and bearing tool when I did them for Wards and Sears.

I really don't know what else you could use, possibly a short pipe wrench for the spanner wrenches.

But I don't know what you can use for the bearing tool since its been discontinued:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.