• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Maytag Wide By Side Ice Dispenser Light

G

Recently, after unclogging the ice dispenser, my wife and I noticed that the dispenser light will not turn off. It stays on continuously in a dim setting. When we activate the dispenser, water and ice come out with no problem and the light brightens considerably. When we finish, the light returns to the dim setting again. If I press the light button, it again brightens considerably and returns to the same dim condition when the button is pressed again. Any ideas what might be wrong? Stuck switch, bad control board, etc...?

Thanks,

Jmailoh

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

Yea, Sounds like a problem in the dispenser control board.

How old is this Refrigerator?

Check your owners guide warranty section, I know all Refrigerators have a 1 yr. warranty on everything, sometimes Maytag will make a 2-5 yr. Part Warranty on certain parts.

Hope this helps.:)

Good Luck.:cool:

Jake

G

imported post

Maytag has had problems with some of their electronically controlled dispenser mechanisms and depending on the exact model and serial number off the appliance, parts may be supplied at not cost (regardless of age) provided an authorized factory service depot performs the service.

I suggest the OP contact Maytag directly about the problem with the model and serial number *off the appliance's identification tag*.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~