MCSWOE24S Magic Chef wall oven, no heat but clock works

GregL65

Premium Member
Model Number
MCSWOE24S
Brand
Magic Chef
I have a Magic Chef MCSWOE24S, a current-model 24" wall oven.

It was working fine for months after installing it. Then we had trouble with our main electrical panel -- one of the poles was burning out due to arcing and became intermittent. One morning I woke up to find the oven clock flicking on and off a few times per second, along with an electrical sound that didn't sound good. So I turned the oven's breaker off in the electrical panel.

After the panel was repaired, the oven's clock works fine but we get no heat from either heating element, and the internal oven light does not go on.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That model number is not pulling up as good, please recheck it.

You'll need a multimeter to see if your getting 240 volts to it.

Pull the oven out from the wall, then unplug it, then remove the back access panel then you will see your power cord wire connections hooked-up to your terminal block, plug the oven back in and use your meter to test for 240 volts between the two outer wire connections on the terminal block, your meter should read 240 volts.

The colors of the range wiring to that terminal block should be RED(120 volts) and BLACK(120 volts) to the two outer terminal connections, then WHITE(neutral) to the middle wire connection on the terminal block.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it, thanks!

Jake