• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MDB6709AWB1 not pumping water to spray arms

legacynaomi1

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB6709AWB1
Brand
Maytag
MDB6709AWB1 not pumping water to the spray arms. Normal cycle is started and water fills and float stops water level normally. Then during wash cycle, nothing seems to happen. I cannot hear pump even attempt to run. In recent past, I have had to replace water inlet valve, door latch assembly, & new keypad assembly. The spray arms are free of debris. I have taken the sump assembly apart and replaced the pump impeller and food grinder/screen due to bad food grinder. Due to this recent issue, I have replaced control module W10255103 REV B with new part W10255103 REV A. This has not fixed my issue. I have tested capacitor and it seems to hold a charge. I have hooked the motor up to external power and it runs fine. I am honestly stumped. My next step would be to buy a used motor/cap. from here next. I don't know what else I need to troubleshoot/consider.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, have you checked for a broken or shorted wire in the wire harness from the control board to the motor?

Also, You should have a tech. data sheet either in your control console, or behind the bottom access panel below your door that will assist you in troubleshooting, look for the field service test.

Let us know the field service test results.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

legacynaomi1

Premium Member
Just by happenstance, I started to check out the door latch switches and test them. It turns out that the door switch on the left of the two had failed and was pushed down and wouldn't pop up. This is a lesson to me and should be to others to always test everything regardless. I had just replaced this entire door latch assembly only several months ago. So I didn't bother to test them assuming automatically that they would be fine(since newer). I jumpered it until I can order another one to install. D/W works perfect now. Thanks for all your help and I appreciate your time. Thanks, Legacynaomi1

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for conforming that, it will help others in case they have this same issue.

Jake