MDB7749AWM2 Maytag Dishwasher will not complete cycle

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB7749AWM2
Brand
Maytag
I have replace mother board and also the complete panel. Now when I start it it will run and turn off somewhere before dry. You cannot restart it for several hours and then if you push the BLINKING start/resume button it will shut off. I can push cancel and it will drain the water if any in there out. Help please!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mary,

What was it doing before you replaced the control board and control panel?

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Prior I had no power on at all. So, replaced fuse first, nothing, then replaced board, nothing. Replaced the keyboard panel qnd got power now. I have tried starting normal and no heated dry and sometime after release of detergent it will shut off. Also, it takes hours before it has power again. It will blink on the start/resume, if I hit it, it shuts off, I can hit cancel and it drains water from tub.

Thank you Jake. I love this dishwasher and want to keep it as you can tell.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, check your door latch switch assembly.

Here it is for your model:
WPW10404412 Door Latch Assembly

Here's another thread Rick helped on that is similar to yours:

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
I don't feel it is is the door latch, but will run a test later.
I am not have made it clear...but it will start and run for a while. It runs past the point of dishwashing tablet being released. I do see water in bottom when I open door. Running a test of rinse only now to try to pinpoint.

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Nothing Jake, no lights or sounds.

I did a rinse only cycle and it seemed to work fine and also drain.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Mary, How did you do a rinse only with no lights and sounds?

Here's a test to determine which part is the problem:
A blinking LED over one of the keys of the keypad (or sometimes a “dead” keypad/console) indicates one or more key switch lines are stuck or shorted on the control or the keypad. To determine if the control board OR control panel keypad is faulty, do the following test:
Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power then Open the dishwasher door. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power. Wait 5 seconds. Close dishwasher door. Monitor the control’s response.

➔If the control board is OK (no longer sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on the drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the control panel keypad if the drain motor turns on.

➔If the control board is not OK (still sees shorts with the control panel keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond. If drain motor does not start within 10 seconds, repeat or verify that all steps were followed, and then replace the control board.

Here's the keypad assembly for your model:
W10811151 Control Panel

Here's the control board for your model:
W11202746 Electronic Control Board

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Last edited:

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Jake,
Thank you, once I find the hex thingy to open door I will try this.(Husband put his back in toolbox). The parts you have shown I have replaced already, with exception of the door latch.

Let you know what I find out!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The parts you have shown I have replaced already
Yes I know, but that's the only 2 parts that would cause this problem, so one is likely defective, that's why you need to do that test.:)

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
ok to make sure I understand this...I am to only to unplug the P1 which is beside the empty one?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, just remove the P1 connector from the control board.

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Jake,
How do you do this and connect the other pins? I tried and it appeared that I would have to manipulate the pin to be bypassed 😰. Thank you again....I have one shot to save it and my husband is going to make me get new one.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You don't connect any other pins, you just disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control board (at P1), that's it.:)

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
the drain motor came on 😪 should I purchase another? so honestly just purchased one prior to asking questions here and apparently it is bad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you just purchased control panel keypad assembly, where did you get it at?

Tell the place you got it at that its defective and they will send another new one free of charge.:)

Jake

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Ok installed and ran a load with minimum dishes for check. It seemed to run great for first 50 min- I had to leave for a bit and when I returned it was off and the clean light was not illuminated.
I tried to hit button for any response, nothing. I pressed cancel and also start. I opened door and there is water in the bottom of dishwasher 😶
Please help me figure this out Jake. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That is very odd, I really have no clue why this is happening to you. No power at all now? Did you check your main power where it comes into the dishwasher to see if your WIRE NUTS are loose?

Jake

Last edited:

MaryMHuffman

Premium Member
Jake,
Do you think it could in any possible way be the thermal fuse?
This was by far the longest it ran and I was so confident it was fixed....an hr plus :(
Will let you know how long it takes to reset or if it doesn't.