MDB7759AWS3 Maytag Dishwasher no longer heating water

Cienwen

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB7759AWS3
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Dishwasher model MDB7759AWS3 that is about 8 years old. Up until a few weeks ago it was working very well. Dishes came out so hot you wouldn’t be able to touch them! Suddenly, it stopped heating the water. It will run through its full cycle but the water stays totally cold.

From your videos I thought it might be the heating element. I removed the element and inspected it for damage, but it was smooth and looked good. I did a continuity test and got a reading around 15 so it looks like the element is good.
So, I replace the high limit thermostat with a brand new one and still, the machine runs through its full cycle but the water stays cold.

Next, we cleaned out the basin, the chopper screen and the valve. There was a lot of horrible stuff down there, so it was a good thing to clean it all out. But after the clean out we ran the machine again through a full cycle and the water stayed cold.

I am not sure what to test next. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Do you run the hot water at the sink first before you start the dishwasher?

If not, please do, then after that start the dishwasher, then after it fills open the door and touch the water to see how hot it is.

Does the heating element come ON when you have it on HEAT DRY?

If the heating element does not come on at all, then the control board is the problem.

Here's the control board for your model:
Control Board WPW10285180

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 365 days for a FULL refund, less shipping, if they don't fix the problem.

Jake

Cienwen

Premium Member
Thank you for responding Jake.

Could you please explain to me what you mean by "run the hot water at the sink"?

My dishwasher is hooked up to the cold water only and has no access to my hot water line.

Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
My dishwasher is hooked up to the cold water only and has no access to my hot water line.
BINGO, that's the problem.

All dishwashers must be hooked up to the hot water side to work properly.:)

I don't know how it worked 8 years being on cold water, read your installation manual and it tells you it has to be hooked up to the hot water side.:)

Jake