• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MDB7760AWS1 Maytag Dishwasher keeps blowing fuse, diagnose mode, and door latch leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenH

Premium Member
Model Number
MDB7760AWS1
Brand
Maytag
My Maytag dishwasher keeps blowing the thermal fuse. The first time I replaced it I didn't use the wire kit that came with the fuse. I ordered second one and wait for it arrival.
Here is what I did:
1. Test the continuity of high Temperature Limit switch, it is "Close".
2. Heat up high temperature switch, it switch to open. Switch is good.
3. I took the outer door panel off. I saw some melt mark on inner door black insulation and electrical insulation tape on wire bundle. I guess that it may be caused by overheat since my wife recently always ran sanitize option due to covid19. but the washer should design to hold this kind high heat cycle.
4. Run diagnose cycle . Saw a fair amount water leak from door latch position. See picture where marked with red arrow. check the door latch, there is no tight water seal design. Water flow down into the bottom of dishwasher and was caught by a bottom grove. So the leak was not able to go down on the floor. Is this leak normal?
5. Diagnose cycle successfully completed. Motor current about 2.4A, Heater current is 6.8A. Total current 9.2 - 9.4A. The thermal fuse is 10A. I think this rated current on this fuse is so tight and easy to blow. What normal operation current I should expect from motor and heat?
6. Data sheet states the cycle after diagnose cycle will re calibrate the temperature sensor. Anyone has experience if this can fix overheat?
Thanks first for any help.

Attachments

• 143651398.jpg
    143651398.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 28

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ben,

Its important to always buy the OEM thermal fuse from a appliance parts store only, that only sells appliance parts. To many folks buy from super disconnect stores and wonder why they don't last.

And as you have read, you must replace the wires that come with it.:)

Here's the thermal fuse for your model(Video Included in part link)
W10258275 Thermal Fuse

Look at this thread:

Jake

BenH

Premium Member
Thanks for reply. I will order it. By the way, the water leak from door latch on to the inner door panel. is it normal? if not, how to prevent it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

BenH

Premium Member
Finally figure out it. When put front control panel back to the door, the edge of door lock will not fully match with inner panel. It causes leak, I applied silicon to seal it. Now it is no leak. Also reclamp the connection on circuit board and thermal fuse. It is working now. hope it last.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Ben, glad to hear you found the problem.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.