MDBS561AWW Maytag Quiet Series 300 won't start

gvanderende

Model Number
MDBS561AWW
Brand
Maytag
Thanks in advance for any help advice.

My Maytag Quiet Series 300 won't start. I push the buttons and they light up, I can select a wash, and when I press start water fills at the bottom of the dishwasher but the wash never starts. Eventually the panel lights shut off.

I recently replaced a lot of the plumbing in my house from galvanized to PEX which resulted in some pieces of the metal pipe being washed through the pipes, and the washer began to malfunction around this time. I originally suspected not enough water was getting into the washer which could result in it not turning on, even though the bottom will fill with water in about 1 minute after I turn it on, so I took off the bottom panel and unscrewed the water supply hose running from under the sink to the dishwasher, however I found that this was not blocked, so it seems the hose is not the problem.

I don't think the door latch is malfunctioning because I used an ohm meter and the circuits seem to respond to the latch opening and closing, and also when I switch the wash on and water starts coming out, and I open the door, the water turns off, suggesting the switch can sense the door opening and closing.

I then ordered a replacement control panel, part number 6-919819 and replaced the old control panel with this one, however this didn't correct the problem.

My guess would be some part of the tubing is clogged since the problem started happening when I replaced the plumbing in my house to PEX.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, check the high limit thermostat for continuity. After the machine fills and doesn't start the wash cycle, can you cancel the cycle and will the water drain?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi guys,

I believe on this model it has a Field Service Test you can run as well, It shows you how in your tech. data sheet. The tech. data sheet should be behind the lower access panel below your door.

Also what's the serial number of your dishwasher?

Jake