• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

ME21H706MQG Lost Power

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Model Number
ME21H706MQG
Brand
Samsung
Hello,

I was using the microwave and pushed the LOCK button. After the lock symbol came on, i pushed the same button to clear the lock symbol, and the power to it went out. So i thought this was part of the lock program, shutting power off to the unit. Maybe it is? Anyway, i looked in the manual and there is nothing that addresses the lock button/symbol. Just to make sure the power to it didn't go out, i checked the outlet with my meter and the power is there, but the microwave will not come on. Please tell me it's just a certain button that i need to push to powewr it back up.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Press and hold the stop/clear button for 3-5 seconds The display will show ON or OFF then return to the time of day.

Attachments

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Rick,
I've tried that. I'm at the point that i don't think it's a lock out problem, i think it's a power issue. As i stated in my original post, the problem started when i pushed the lock button and it locked, and then one second later, the display went blank. I've tried unplugging it and letting it sit for a few minutes to see if that would solve the issue, but it doesn't. After reading Pg 10 of the manual, it says the display should still be lit with the word "On" in it. I have no display at all, nothing. So it leads me back to a power issue, something blew when it locked. Any ideas with this in mind?
Bill

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, one of the 20 amp ceramic fuse must have blown. Both fuses are on the noise filter. Check them and the door switches for continuity. Check the door switches by opening and closing the door. Samsung wants you to buy the noise filter with the fuses but these will work:
Line Fuse WPM0805101
Line-Fuse-WPM0805101-00928564.jpg

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Rick,
OK, I pulled the grille and front panel to get to the fuses. Both rang out as good. I'm not sure what you mean when you say to check the door switches? With the front panel off, but not disconnected, how do i check them?
Bill

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Rick,
Good morning. Now you're getting beyond my basic electrical knowledge. Where on the circuit board to i check for the 120 VAC? If you can identify the points to check it at, i can do it.
Thanks again,
Bill

rickgburton

Staff member
I'll look for the wire diagram. You can also follow the black and white wires from the power cord to see where the connect to the board.

Bfff1616

Premium Member
Rick,
I'm going to guess you worked some magic over the internet, because when i plugged the microwave in to check the power at the board like you said, it miraculously came back on! Who knew you were that good!! Anyhow, it works. I'm going to guess that pulling the fuses and putting them back in caused it to reset somehow? Is that possible? Thanks for your time, that as of now i feel like i wasted a little. Thanks again for your help and responses.
Bill

rickgburton

Staff member
..... pulling the fuses and putting them back in caused it to reset somehow? Is that possible?
No, there's no reset on that microwave that I'm aware of. It could have been a loose connection or pinched wire. Hopefully it will continue working.

Thanks for your time, that as of now i feel like i wasted a little.
Anytime Bill. You didn't waste any of my time. Glad we could help.