MEDB835DW4 MAYTAG BRAVOS XL DRYER WILL NOT MAINTAIN POWER

danap3681

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDB835DW4
Brand
Maytag
Purchased in 4-2018. We kept it in storage and just installed in about 4 months ago. When you turn the power on it comes on but will immediately shut off. We have checked cord and breaker. I noticed before this happened the other day I had the door open and the light was flickering. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated since I would assume it is no longer under warranty since it is over a year from purchase date.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

danap3681

Premium Member
Good afternoon. Unfortunately the switch above was not the problem. We did have someone come check to make sure power cord and breaker were up to par. I took this video last night hoping it may help. We have not had any error codes come up at all. We live in a small town and no service technicians here so would cost arm and a leg to get someone to come repair. Any suggestions or input are very much appreciated

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did they take a voltage reading on the dryers terminal block where the power cord hooks up to the dryer? Normal would be 240 volts across the OUTER TWO terminals, the MIDDLE terminal is neutral.

I will our tech bigbuck if he has the tech. data sheet for this model.

Jake

danap3681

Premium Member
Thank you. I appreciate any help. I am unsure if he checked that but I will get him to come back out and check if he didn't.

danap3681

Premium Member
Thank you. I am going to check the terminals this evening when I get home and also someone suggested checking the thermal fuse as well.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Yes, lets make 100% sure we have 240 volts at the dryer terminal block. Yes, unplug the dryer from the wall and ohm test the thermal fuse.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Fuse W10909685

Jake

danap3681

Premium Member
We checked the voltage on terminals. It was good. Got the thermal fuse out and tested it and it was good.

danap3681

Premium Member
Update: still not working. I contacted Maytag and they were going to file under warranty for service call since only a couple of months out of 1 year warranty. No tech in my area so they finally found someone who would come look at it. He said display panel was bad. So he replaced it. Still not working so that day he said it needed main control board. So we got that part and tried that yesterday still not working. I am at a loss of what could be wrong with it. We have a friend coming to test everything for us this evening since I know absolutely nothing about all of that.