• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MEDB850WQ0 Maytag Dryer dries but doesn't shut off or exhaust

kloughead

Model Number
MEDB850WQ0
Brand
Maytag
Maytag MEDB850WQ0

Our dryer stopped drying effectively and wasn't exhausting anything through the vent hose. Today I took it apart, cleaned out the blockage in there internal lint trap, and cleaned out everything else I could find. The vent hoses were nearly clean, i'd guess it hadn't been exhausting properly for a while. Put everything back together and ran it. It heated up and ran... and ran and ran. I stopped it when I realized. Dryer was hot (very), clothes were dry, exhaust hose was cold, nothing blowing out of it.

It's possible I missed another clog, but I don't really think so. I'm wondering if something might be wrong with the blower motor? Or something else entirely? Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

On this model you have a separate belt for the blower wheel assembly. Make sure your blower wheel belt is not broke and the blower wheel pulley is not off either. Also make sure the blower wheel pulley turns freely both ways, if it does not turn freely both ways, remove the blower wheel housing and see if something is stuck/jammed in your blower wheel.

Make sure you unplug your dryer first!

Here's the parts diagram:
#29 is your belt.
#52 is your blower wheel pulley.
#44 is your blower wheel housing.

Make sure the blower wheel pulley didn't come off either.

When you click the part link to all 3 of those parts you will see a video of how to access them.

Jake