MEDX600XW0 Maytag Disassembly

McChronagle

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDX600XW0
Brand
Maytag
I believe the dryer needs a new drum felt seal but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to disassemble this model. I've looked everywhere and cannot find a service manual or any instructional video that shows how to take this one apart.

Most models seem to have clips you need to push on (with a credit card/paint scraper) to open the top/lid but this model doesn't seem to have them.. I cannot get the front panels off either.

Any insight appreciated. Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So close! Remove the back of the console. Push your putty knife under the two front corners of the console and fold the console back.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I had This same Maytag dryer last week that needed new rollers, Idler pulley, and belt. Rick is correct except on these newer Maytag dryers the control panel doesn't flip back like on the older style, you have to remove the control panel screws from the back first, then use the putty knife to release the clips on each side from the front, then the control panel pulls off

Then you will see a electrical connector you have to remove from the control panel to the control board, which is inside the control panel, just remove that electrical connector from the control board, then you can remove the entire control panel and set it aside, then you remove the 3 screws in the back, then the top panel of your dryer pulls forward and off.

Then you will see the front panel screws you remove on the top of your front panel, then remove the lower access panel with the putty knife too.

Once the lower access panel is removed you will see the bottom front panel screws you remove, then the whole front panel comes off.

Make sure you unplug your dryer before you disassemble it.

Jake

McChronagle

Premium Member
Then you will see the front panel screws you remove on the top of your front panel, then remove the lower access panel with the putty knife too.

Once the lower access panel is removed you will see the bottom front panel screws you remove, then the whole front panel comes off.
I've now got the top panel off and removed the screws from top of the front panel. To remove the lower access panel, is there a specific area that i need to wedge the putty knife into (to "unclip" it) or just generally leverage it anywhere to pry it off?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job taking it apart, its likely the Idler pulley has worn out if its screeching, that's exactly what mine was doing last week.:)

Here's the Idler Pulley for your model:
Idler Pulley 279640

For others following your thread, Here's the disassembly video that's extremely close to this model:
The only thing different in that video is like I mentioned above about the control board just pulling off and not tilting back.:)

Jake

Last edited: