MEDX655DW Maytag Dryer won't stop!

Lori 9108

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDX655DW
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag dryer, model number listed, that will not shut off while drying in sensor mode. It will stop during timed dry. Help is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Lori,

When you have it on TIMED DRY, do the clothes come out dry within 60 minutes? Or do you have to add more time to get them completely dry?

If you DON'T need to add more time for TIMED DRY, then I'd first clean your moisture sensor bars.

You can clean your dryer sensor bars with rubbing alcohol. Lots of members here have had much success after I told them to do that.

If you cleaned the sensor bars with rubbing alcohol and its still not advancing in AUTO DRY, but it does advance in TIMED DRY, then it's the Dryness control board that's bad.

To get in your console, unplug your dryer first, and watch the video below.

You can order the dryness control board here:
Control Board WPW10476828

Jake

Lori 9108

Premium Member
Hi Jake,
The clothes do not get dry after 60 minutes. Does that mean that I need the dryness control board?
Lori

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Lori, the way auto dry works is the sensor checks the clothes for dampness and if dampness remains it tells the heating element to come on for a little while, now each time the heating element comes on the timer will NOT advance until the cycling thermostat tells the heating element to turn OFF, then the timer starts advancing again.

So, what you'll need to check, since it DOES NOT DRY within 60 minutes, is your air flow where it exits outside of your house, Go outside and feel how fast the air is coming out, it should be fast and not weak. Weak means you have an air flow restriction between your dryer outlet and your house exit outlet.

To test this I always pull the dryer out from the wall and remove the exhaust hose from the dryer, then run it and see if it drys much faster, 60 MINUTES OR UNDER for one load.

Let us know.

Jake