• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MEDX655DW1 Maytag Dryer won't shut off

Amber814

Premium Member
Model Number
MEDX655DW1
Brand
Maytag
I have a Maytag Dryer that will not shut off on any cycle. Timer setting, auto setting any the dryer never shuts off. It is heating and drying clothes fine, the knob will turn, if I physically turn it to off it shuts off. Also now the push to start knob is getting stuck(doubt its related). I've searched a few things but unclear on if it could be the control panel, thermistor, knob. Any help is appreciated.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Is your compliant that the timer advances past the OFF position for a setting or that the timer just never advances on its own?

Dan O.

Amber814

Premium Member
it never advances on its on. The dryer never shuts off will just keep running no matter if i set it to the timer setting or auto dry setting

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
The timer never advances it is usually caused by a fault in the timer itself.

LINK > MEDX655DW1 Dryer Timer

If it only occurred on an 'auto' cycle, the dryness electronic might be responsible instead. If it continued past the off position, the start switch being shorted could cause it.

Dan O.

Amber814

Premium Member
The timer never advances it is usually caused by a fault in the timer itself.

LINK > MEDX655DW1 Dryer Timer
perfect thank you! would you happen to know about the push to start button sticking? it gets stuck down and i have to pull it forward while turning to get it to pop back up in order to push to start. What would need to be replaced?