• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Melted plastic cover inside microwave - Maytag YMMV4205DS0

kg_ca

Premium Member
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
2
Location
Toronto
Model Number
YMMV4205D
Brand
Maytag
Age
1-5 years
Can someone tell me what is this melted part in the microwave Maytag YMMV4205DS0? I would like to replace this. Also, how to avoid this in future?

InkedYMMV4205DS0_LI.jpg
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
44,790
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
OK, it looks like the wave guide cover. Any food that gets on it will heat up in that spot or if the stirrer fan blade touches it the heat will focus on that spot. When you remove it make sure the stirrer fan isn't loose. Keep the cover clean.
whirlpool-covr-inlet-w10533497-ap5803334_01_l.jpg
 
Top