• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED MER5755QAW Maytag Oven will not heat up past 200 degrees

fernram

Premium Member
Model Number
MER5755QAW
Brand
Maytag
Oven takes over 40min to get to 200 degrees and will not get any hotter past that.

fernram

Premium Member
Just checked my mother-in-law's oven today per your suggestion. The oven only has a top element - assuming its a dual bake/broil element. When I set the oven to broil on HI - the element got hot right away. However, when I set the oven to bake at 400 degrees - the element lost its heat and did not feel as hot as it was on the broil setting and after 20min the oven only reached 185 degrees. Does the element need to be replaced?

Thoughts???

fernram

Premium Member
Jeff,

It appears that the hidden lower element was not heating so I ordered the WPW10276482 per your suggestion and I just recieved it. The element came with no instructions. Where can I get a detailed and graphic instructions on replacing the bake element - especially since it hidden. How do I remove the metal panel to access the hidden bake element?

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Where can I get a detailed and graphic instructions on replacing the bake element
A copy from the manual:

Bake Element

1. Turn off power to unit.

2. Remove screws securing oven bottom cover.

3. Raise the back of the bake element cover and slide cover back to release the front edge of cover and lift out of oven cavity.

4. Remove screws securing bake element to rear of oven wall.

3. Pull element forward to allow disconnection of terminals on each element leg.

4. Reverse procedure to reinstall bake element.

jeff.

fernram

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff.

I replaced the bake element this afternoon and the oven is back to heating normally.

Thanks again for all your help. I will definitely recommend The Appliance Blog to anyone.

Would also like to replace the oven racks. Are those avalable?