• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MER6751AAW Maytag Dual Oven Electric Range Bottom Bake Element Broken

chaz24

Premium Member
Model Number
MER6751AAW
Brand
Maytag
Hi,

Appreciate suggestions regarding the following observations.

I believe I need to buy a bottom baking element. I see a 2" segment has broken off.

I believe the lower broiler element may be okay. It registered 520 degrees F using an oven thermometer after 15 minutes on the broiler high setting.

The upper broiler element registered 150 degrees F using an oven thermometer after 15 minutes on the broiler high setting.

The upper baking element registers a reading of 335 degrees F with the control set to 350. My wife believes that it gets hotter in the rear of the oven than in the front.

Thank you,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is the part you need if you clearly see its broken. You can always ohm test it too.

To ohm test it, you'll need a multimeter to ohm test at your bottom bake element terminals in the back of your range. You'll need to pull the range out from the wall and take the back access panel off, unplug your range first before accessing and ohm testing it! Also remove the 2 wires first before ohm testing it.

Here's the lower oven bake element for your model you can order:
Bake Element WP7406P428-60

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

chaz24

Premium Member
As I mentioned I saw there was a break in the element. A 2" section had broken off, both ends, and was lying on the floor of the oven. I have ordered the element you had pictured.

I realize you should unplug the range before changing the element. Would shutting off the breaker accomplish the same thing? The range is on its own circuit.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Correct, shut the breaker OFF to it in your home breaker box.

Jake