Mercury Nutone range hood fan: Hail Mary

RonFromTN

Hi there... I have a Hail Mary kind of question. I have a Mercury Nutone Scovill range hood in need of a replacement fan and motor. Problem is, there is no model # anywhere on the range hood and the previous owner removed the fan and motor. The control knob says it's a 2 speed fan and that's where the "Mercury Nutone Scovill" nameplate is, but there's no model # there or anywhere. It's 30" wide, 18" deep and 5" high and the metal mesh filter that fits over where the fan should be is 9" square. There's a 3-position white Molex connector where the fan wires would plug in. I've attached photos in hopes someone knows what the model # is for this range hood. Thank you!
IMG_2552.JPG
IMG_2553.JPG
IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
RonFromTN said:
Mercury Nutone Scovill range hood in need of a replacement fan and motor.

Not only the motor and fan but it looks like you'll also need all the mounting hardware. That kind of stuff is is often difficult to find for older models. You could try contacting Broan/Nutone to ask if they might be able to identify the product to look up the necessary parts.

You might be better off looking for a whole used hood of similar design (fairly unlikely) to rob for parts from or more likely, just replace the whole hood. Sorry

JMO

Dan O.

Last edited: