• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MEX731CFS0 Electrolux Stacked W/D agitates, but doesn't drain and spin

mickavery

Model Number
MEX731CFS0
Brand
Electrolux
Hi all, I have a MEX731CFS0 Frigidaire/Electrolux Stacked Washer+Dryer. It's able to fill up with water and agitate, but it stops after that (doesn't drain and spin).

I've checked the following:
- Drain pump : nothing blocking drain pump
- Lid lock switch : Lid switch passes continuity test when I actuate the switch. Lid lock passes continuity test if lid switch is actuated and lock hook is actuated too. This is the lid switch lock that I have : epartsfast.com/mex731cfs0-frigidaire-washer-lid-lock-switch/

Note that I don't hear any noise when it's supposed to be on the drain/spin cycle. This makes me feel like the drain pump is fine and not clogged.

Could it be the timer? The knob to choose cycle advances during agitation, but it just stops when it gets to drain and spin.

Any tips on how else I can troubleshoot my washer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The Lid Lock Switch from that link is the wrong one. Do you notice that site does not even list part numbers, just model numbers? Which really throws up a RED FLAG to me.

The lid lock switch for that model is No Longer Available:
134101800 Lid Lock Switch Assembly

Here's the wiring diagram, if you are absolutely sure the lid switch ohm test's good when you press the lever down on it, then it has to be the timer, that's the only part that sends power to drain pump when the lid is down.

Here's the Timer for your model--->https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/131964100/890149

Jake