• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

MFC2061KES14 What could be the reason that my water dispenser doesn't work?

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
Model Number
MFC2061KES14
Brand
Maytag
I have Maytag MFC2061KES14 refrigerator. My water dispenser does not work. I think my water supply tube is frozen. But, I'm not sure.
I tried to flush the water as described in this manual. But, the water didn't come out.
I found this tube behind the fruits and vegies drawers:
View attachment 40527

Is this my frozen water supply tube? If it is, what should I do? My freezer temperature was set to -4 degrees. I set it to 0 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Call Whirlpool and set up a warranty service call. Everything is covered for the first year. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
Call Whirlpool and set up a warranty service call. Everything is covered for the first year. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.
It's a rental apartment. I believe it's older than 1 year.
The ice maker works fine. I just read that if the water supply tube is frozen then the ice maker will stop working too. But, since the ice maker works fine, I'm not sure that the picture I posted is the water supply tube. Can you confirm?

rickgburton

Staff member
That's the water reservoir. Water flows from the main water supply line, through the water filter, into the reservoir and out to the water valve. Then from the water valve to the dispenser and the ice maker, depending on what's calling for water. Check if the water valve is getting 120 VAC at the dispenser coil on the water valve when you press the dispenser lever.

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
But it seems that the reservoir is frozen. Can this be the problem that the water doesn't flow from the dispenser? Can I thow it first?

rickgburton

Staff member
Are you sure it's frozen? Is the ice maker working? Use a hair dryer to thaw it if it's frozen. What's the temperature in the fridge?

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
It seems like frozen. The right side is very white while the left is transparent. The ice maker works fine. When I push the the dispenser button, I can hear the motor starts working (buzzing) but no water comes out. I should also metnion that the "Reset filter" light is red. But even if I remove the filter, as suggested in one of the forums, and push the dispenser button, it still doesn't work.

The deperature was set to -4 for the freezer and 38 for the refrigerator. I changed it to 0 for the freezer and 38 for the refrigerator.

Do I need to unplug the power from the refrigerator before using the dryer? If I do, if there is another option since I don't have where to place all the stuff from the refrigerator and freezer.

rickgburton

Staff member
You need to unplug the refrigerator for about 30 minutes while you use the hair dryer. Keep the freezer door closed and the temperature will remain the same. You can also take it out and defrost it if you want.

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
But now that I'm thinking about it, you said that the water goes to the reservoir and from there to water valve and from there to both the dispenser and the ice maker. So, if the ice maker works fine, doesn't it mean that it's not frozen? Otherwise the ice maker wouldn't work too, right? Am I missing something?

rickgburton

Staff member
I'm taking the time to write it. I hope you're taking the time to read it:

rickgburton said:
Water flows from the main water supply line, through the water filter, into the reservoir and out to the water valve. Then from the water valve to the dispenser and the ice maker, depending on what's calling for water. Check if the water valve is getting 120 VAC at the dispenser coil on the water valve when you press the dispenser lever.

Igor Morduhaev

Premium Member
It seems that after changing the refregirater temp from -4 to 0 and waiting for a week the water dispenser started working. So, probably the tubes were just frozen since I don't see any other explanation, right?